In the first 10 seconds of meeting someone new, they are forming subconscious opinion about you. As human beings, it is our innate reaction to judge someone upon first introduction. First impressions are so vital!
I think we can all agree that you only get one chance at a first impression.
When entering into a new relationship whether it’s social, professional or romantic, it’s imperative to remember that changing someone’s mind is much more challenging than impressing them on the forefront.
But is this something you can learn? Yes, I definitely think so.
In order to have a great meeting and be remembered in the right way while cementing your reputation, here are some important tips on making a good first impression:
- Appearance – dress with purpose all the time! You never know when you’re going to meet ‘that’ person.
- Body language – non verbal communication and how you carry yourself is critical and essential to that first impression.
- Verbal – speak in a manner that is deserving and commanding respect. Avoid filler words.
- Non verbal – be an active listener by being engaged
- Give compliments – people like you more if you give compliments
Do you have any tips to add? Let’s know how you leave a good impression on someone you’re just meeting for the first time.