Many times, we think that famous and successful people achieved success overnight or that they got it handed to them on a platter of gold. That’s absolutely wrong! In most cases, people who achieved success failed several times before. What makes them stand out however is the fact that they did not give up even after being rejected.
Today, I’d like us to encourage ourselves with the stories of these 5 famous people, with the hope that their remarkable stories would inspire us:
- Walt Disney was fired from the Kansas City Star in 1919 because, his editor said, he “lacked imagination and had no good ideas.”
- Oprah Winfrey was fired as an evening news reporter because she couldn’t keep her emotions from her stories.
- Elvis Presley was told by the concert hall manager at the Grand Ole Opry that he was better off returning to Memphis and driving trucks.
- Henry Ford went broke five times with his early businesses which all failed.
- Albert Einstein didn’t speak until he was four, and couldn’t read until he was seven.
Today, their success stories are being celebrated all over the world because they dared to try again.
Do you have any other success story you want to add? How do you encourage yourself when you’re feeling rejected?