When it comes to beauty products, sometimes, natural and home made stuff are just the best.
As ladies, the first step to taking good care of our lips is by giving it the moisture it deserves. I recently saw this video by Buzzfeed on how to make your own lip balm, and believe me, its straight forward and very easy to make. I particularly like the fact that the texture is creamy, it is 100% natural and doesn’t contain any thing harmful.
This homemade balm is designed to help seal in moisture and not just dry up and off, but actually sink into your lips. You’d need the following ingredients:
- Coconut Oil
- Vitamin E
- Vanilla Extract (Optional)
- Essential Oil (Optional)
- Preferred Container(s)
How To Make It
1. First you grate the beeswax and pop it in the oven to melt down to liquid form.
2. After this you take it out of the oven and add the other ingredients to the melted beeswax. Then mix it together till you have a smooth paste and place it back in the oven.
3. Be sure to check it at 30-second intervals and mix it til its completely melted.
4. Take it out of the oven and pour into the preferred containers and let set until solid.
Watch the short video and try it out yourself!