As we inch closer to the time when we’d be heading to cast our votes at the polling booths, I hope these quotes will inspire you and remind you that your vote does count. And if you planned not to vote, I hope these quotes change your mind.
- Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter – Martin Luther King
- A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends upon the character of the user – Theodore Roosevelt
- To vote is like a payment of a debt, a duty never to be neglected if its performance is possible – Rutherford B. Hayes
- The ballot is stronger than the bullet – Abraham Lincoln
- A man without a vote is a man without protection – Lyndon B. Johnson
- To make democracy work, we cannot be only observers. He who does not vote has no right to complain – Louis L’Amour
- Voting is the Right upon which all other Rights depend – Thomas Paine
- The only way to change is to vote. People are responsible – Paul Wellstone
- One person can make a difference and everyone should try – John F. Kennedy
- We must vote for hope, vote for life, vote for a brighter future for all of our loved ones – Ed Markey
My favourite quote is “The ballot is stronger than the bullet“. Let’s shun violence and bloodshed.
Which is your favourite quote? Which one carries the strongest meaning?