Do you often feel less than inspired? I do. Well, perhaps not too often. But sometimes I just feel really lazy and unmotivated.
Whether it is motivating to exercise, to live, or study, you can do it!
Inspiration is a powerful force, and inspired action is one of the most powerful ways to motivate yourself. Instead, if you inspire yourself, you light your fire from the inside out.
Here are seven ways to light the fire and inspire yourself to take action:
1. Go Back to “Why”: Focusing on a dull task doesn’t make it any more attractive. Zooming out and asking yourself why you are bothering in the first place will make it more appealing. If you can’t figure out why, then there’s a good chance you shouldn’t bother with it in the first place.
2. Clean Up: Tidy up and de-clutter your surroundings. Environment has a huge influence, and the less distracting and dirty it is, the better you’ll feel.
3. Listen To Music: Most of the time when I’m working I’ll listen to music. Certain songs that I listen to give me ideas or energy. I’ve found that listening to some positive songs gives me a boost while I write or work. Some people prefer to listen to music without lyrics so it doesn’t distract them, but others find a singer’s voice to be inspirational and energizing. Find what works for you and stick with it.
4. Draw from inspirational words of wisdom. Quotes are your friend. Whenever you need to summon your inner-strength, it helps if you have little one-liner reminders that keep you going. One of my favorites is by Zoey Sayward, “Don’t wait for the perfect moment, take the moment and make it perfect.”
5. Don’t bore yourself: Free your head of all of the things that you have been thinking about lately. Get up and do something, like cooking or taking a shower. It’s very important to stay active.
6. Keep it to just one. If you have a ton of things on your to-do list, sometimes it becomes daunting and you end up putting the list away and “tackling it later.” But if you have one thing on that list of yours, that’s it. That’s doable. It’s doable and you can focus on it — spreading yourself thin over a dozen won’t do you or your goals justice.