I know its barely a week into the new year, but trust me, some people have already found themselves in this trap.
Why is that we start the New Year off determined that this is the year to get our lives together? This year I’m going to eat better, loose weight, go to the Gym, give up drinking or whatever. We start with so much enthusiasm and determination. But some how a couple of weeks in, other things are more important, we run off time or steam and we slid back into our comfortable old habits.
There are several reasons for this. Some people only make New Year’s resolutions because other people are making them. Also, sometimes we set the wrong goals for ourselves.
So if you really want things to change you do need to put some effort in. Here are some ways to get back on track:
1) Reconfirm to yourself what you want.
2) Make sure that your goals are realistic
3) Spend a few minutes every morning reading your goals and feeling what it will be like when you achieve them.
4) Make a plan to achieve your goals
5) Take small steps each day or each week to achieve your goal. A great man once said the way to achieve your goals is to underachieve each day.