I recently discovered he amazing effect of Honey as a hair conditioner and I just had to share it with you!
Honey is a humectant (which means that it helps to retain moisture) and an emollient (meaning that it softens and smoothes), which “naturally” makes it a great conditioner and moisturizer. This applies to both the skin and hair.
Here’s how to use natural honey as a hair conditioner to repair damaged hair:
1. COMBINE HONEY with an equal amount of your regular conditioner
2. RUB THE TWO together and use your hands to evenly apply the mixture through your hair while damp
3. MASSAGE IT into your scalp and work from your roots to the tip of your hair
4. COVER WITH A SHOWER CAP and let it sit for 30 minutes before rinsing it out, preferably with cold water
To use Honey as a leave-in conditioner, do it this way:
1. COMBINE 1 TEASPOON of honey (or more depending on hair length and condition) with 4 cups of warm water
AFTER CLEANSING your hair as normal, pour the mixture through your hair and allow to dry as normal
Do you have any other tips to share on how natural ingredients can be used for the hair? I’d love to hear from you!