It’ a beautiful Saturday and I’m sure like me, some of you would be spending some time in the kitchen.
To make your cooking experience easier, here are some interesting kitchen tips I’d like to share with you:
- Always wash your meat thoroughly with lime or lemon. It kills off all the bacteria & gets rid of all that awful smell.
- When boiling rice or pasta always add a tablespoon of butter. It gives it wonderful aroma & makes it taste even nicer.
- Always wash rice thoroughly before cooking at all times. This way you don’t need to parboil the rice. Especially Basmati rice.
- If you don’t like the skin of chicken and you happen to be the one taking it off, all you have to do is get a cloth or napkin, place it on top of the chicken part & pull the skin off. Easy!
- If you aren’t sure how fresh your eggs are, place them in about 10cm of water.Eggs that stay on the bottom are fresh. If only one end tips up, the egg is less fresh and should be used soon. If it floats, it’s past the fresh stage.
- If you over-salt a pot of soup, just drop in a peeled potato, the potato will absorb the excess salt.
- For burnt rice, place a piece of white bread on top of the rice for 5-10 minutes to draw out the burned flavour.
- Don’t store your bananas in a bunch or in a fruit bowl with other fruits. Separate your bananas and place each in a different location. Bananas release gases which cause fruits (including other bananas) to ripen quickly. Separating them will keep them fresh longer.
Do you have any more kitchen tips to add?