We all love to be happier, don’t we? But sometimes, things don’t always turn out the way we want them to.
Just in case your day is not turning out as good as you want it to, take a break and try one or more of these tips to make you feel better:
1. List your accomplishments. Go on, write them down. Everything from winning the spelling bee to completing a project on time. Write down anything you can think of that you feel proud about. Look at you!
2. Spend time with friends and family. Social time is highly valuable when it comes to improving our happiness, even for introverts. Several studies have found that time spent with friends and family makes a big difference to how happy we feel, generally.
3. Fix your hair and make-up. When you look your best, you see yourself differently and that would surely make you feel better and more confident.
4. Practice smiling – it can alleviate pain. Smiling itself can make us feel better, but it’s more effective when we back it up with positive thoughts. A smile is also a good way to alleviate some of the pain we feel in troubling circumstances.
5. Lift someone’s spirits. You can turn around bad feelings about yourself right away when you channel your energy into making someone feel good about themselves. It’s crazy how that works but it’s totally true.
I hope these few suggestions would help you feel better if you are perhaps feeling down.
SL Fabz, what do you to to boost your spirits, and make yourself feel better when you’re having a bad day?