Every woman, and I don’t just mean the makeup pros, should have some basic tools that would make her look her best always.
Here are 10 essential things I think every woman should have:
1. Red Lipstick: Just like your signature scent, every girl needs the perfect shade of red lipstick for her skin colour or dress. It brings out that glam in your look, everytime.
2. Brow & Lash Comb: You don’t want to go around having a set of occasionally unruly brows. The brow brush is so convenient to tame and brush your eyebrows and the comb is great to comb out any clumps in your mascara or to comb your lashes into place.
3. Blow Dryer or Hair Dryer: Whether its to dry your wet hair or to set your curls in place, a blow dryer can produce sleek, polished hair styles for almost any hair texture. It is especially great for home use and a quick fix when you need one.
4. Makeup Brushes: Having the right makeup with poor tools for apply them on is a recipe for disaster. It is worth the investment to purchase a high-quality set of makeup brushes. A basic makeup brush kit includes a narrow brush for eyeliner, broad brushes for eye shadow and blush and a brush with an angled tip for your lips.
5. Beauty Sponge: If what you need is a smooth finish and even application of your make up, then the Beauty Sponge also known as the Beauty Blender is just perfect for you. The teardrop shape of the sponge also makes it easy to really get into the nooks and crannies and get uniform coverage. It’s not very commonly used but I recommend them if you have never tried it.
6. Tweezers: You never know when you need to do a little grooming and plucking on your brows. Tweezers always come in handy to help set your false lashes on your lash line and, of course, keep stray, unwanted hairs away.
8. Curling Iron or Flat Iron: Whether you want a sleek straight look or a wavy curly look, this electric tool will make set you on the right path. This is great for both your real hair and hair extensions.
9. Cotton Swabs: The best way to remove makeup from your delicate eye area is with cotton balls soaked in makeup remover. They can also be used to clean up accidents with eye makeup, to apply skin care products you don’t want to contaminate or to clean up nail polish that’s gone astray. I always have cotton swabs and cotton balls in my makeup purse just in case.
10. Bobby Pins: Bobby pins are a beauty accessory that’s been around for ages and are still very useful to this day. Whether you want to put your updo in place or you’re in a hurry and you really need your hair to look good, this could come in handy. It’s great for both short and long hair too.
Ladies, which of these tools do you not have or don’t think is necessary? What is your most important beauty tool?