Sometimes, we feel physically or emotionally drained. This stops us from achieving our dreams and might be the cause of some habits we practice often. Such habits could be physical, mental, emotional…
Here are 10 things you need to stop doing if you want to boost your energy:
- Letting pain from the past devastate the present: Don’t give up on today because of the way things looked yesterday. Every day is a new day to try again.
- Skipping breakfast: Many people skip breakfast in an attempt to control their weight. However, doing so may undermine your entire day. After fasting all night, your body needs calories and nutrients to produce energy.
- Continuous complaining: Not only does complaining sap energy from you and everyone around you, it also doesn’t work.
- Lack of adequate sleep: I know some people believe that less sleep gives them more time in the day, but this is not actually true. Lack of sleep means you won’t function very well when sleep deprived.
- Skipping exercise: Regular exercise boosts strength and endurance, helps make your cardiovascular system run more efficiently, and delivers oxygen and nutrients to your tissues. So next time you’re tempted to crash on the couch, at least go for a brisk walk—you won’t regret it.
- You don’t drink enough water: Dehydration causes a reduction in blood volume, which makes the blood thicker. This requires your heart to pump less efficiently, reducing the speed at which oxygen and nutrients reach your muscles and organs. This makes you very weak and tired.
- You’re not consuming enough iron: Boost your iron intake to reduce your risk of anemia and general body weakness. Foods rich in iron include beef, beans, eggs, dark green leafy vegetables, nuts, and peanut butter, and pair them with foods high in vitamin C (vitamin C improves iron absorption when eaten together).
- Sacrificing too much for others: Don’t sacrifice yourself too much, because if you do, there will be very little left that you can give to anyone, even those you love dearly.
- You have too much on your plate: One of most common reasons that people feel drained and exhausted is that they have too much to do and too little time. Many people take on more than they can handle. Learn to say no and create a little gap in your day. If you want more energy you need time for yourself too.
- Eating too much junk food: Processed foods are convenient if you live a busy life, but they’re actually working against you. Foods loaded with sugar and simple carbs like the ones you’ll find in a fast food center works to increase your blood sugar. Constant blood sugar spikes followed by sharp drops cause fatigue over the course of the day.
It’s the start of a brand new week, SL Fabz. Stay active by keeping away from bad habits that drain your energy.
Have a great week.