Hi SL Fabz,
I’m sure by now you must be tired of me going on and on about Valentine. Don’t mind me jor. I’m a hopeless romantic. Everywhere I turn, I see Valentine Day adverts, giveaways, gist and more and I can’t help but catch the bug.
In my previous posts about Valentine, I’ve been concentrating on giving tips to those who are married or dating. Forgive me my Single Ladies and Guys. The day is also very special for you to enjoy and today, I have a few ideas for my single SL Fabz.
Here they are:
1. Show Love To Your Family: Take your parents out for a nice dinner, or cook for your whole family. After all, even if you’re single, a family’s love is really special!
2. Go To The Movies: Get together your other single friends for a night at the movies. Be sure to pick a non-romantic movie. Get giant buckets of popcorn and drinks to share while having a good time.
3. Treat Yourself: Go to a spa, get a massage or check out the new restaurant you’ve always wanted to try. If you don’t want to go alone, invite some friends and you’re sure to have a good time. Get yourself that lovely shirt you’ve seen on display for weeks or purchase the new phone you want — treat yourself like gold. No matter what you do as you spend Valentine’s Day alone, do what you enjoy doing most and feel good about yourself.
4. Volunteer Your Time/Money To The Less Privileged: Instead of moping around all day feeling lonely, think of all the people who are less worried about getting a date and more worried about getting a meal. Busy yourself with volunteer work and I guarantee you’ll end the day with a lot more love in your heart. Visit the elderly people, the homeless, the sick… After all, isn’t it important to love your fellow man?
5. Fall In Love With Something New: Interested in going to the gym? Want to learn how to dance Salsa? Wish you could learn how to bake? Challenge yourself to do something you haven’t done before, or seldom get to do because of your schedule.
6. Have A Party: Invite all your single friends (guys and girls) or those whose dates are unavailable, and have a party at your place. Get some food and music going and make the night memorable by taking it easy with your close friends. This is a great option if you don’t want to spend Valentine’s Day alone.
7. Get Out Of Town: Plan a special trip to some place you’ve always wanted to visit. It could be something as dramatic as a foreign cruise or as simple as a day trip. Enjoy being able to just do something you and only you want to do.
The main message of Valentine’s Day is Love. So make sure to spread it with everyone important in your life and the people who surround you, regardless of your relationship status. And don’t worry, there’s someone out there for everyone. If you haven’t found them yet, it will just make it all the more special when you do.
Happy Valentine’s Day!