There are many health benefits of using natural products rather than chemical products. I am always careful about what I use because the skin is the largest organ and absorbs almost everything you put on it! Besides the fact that natural or homemade products are healthier, they are also cheaper and more accessible.
Today I would be sharing 5 useful tips on how to use one ingredient that everyone can find in their kitchen – Egg Whites. Egg whites are rich in protein and albumin that have skin toning properties and promote wrinkle free skin. They are especially good for oily skin and hair since they help tighten large pores and hair follicles that secrete too much sebum.
Here are 5 beauty benefits of Egg Whites over chemical products:
1. Tightens and shrinks large pores: Egg whites have astringent properties that help can help close up the skin pores by tightening the skin. To get the best results, mix 1 teaspoon of egg white and 1 squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Apply this onto your whole face or large pore affected areas. Wait for 15 minutes before rinsing off with tepid water. Pat dry with a soft towel and continue this treatment at least twice a week.
2. Reduces oily skin: Egg whites are especially great for those with overly oily skin. Before applying, rinse your face gently with warm water and pat dry with a soft towel. Coat your face with a thin layer of egg white and let it dry up. Once it has dried, remove the mask by rinsing with cold water.
3. Treats puffy eyes: Lack of sleep, long hours behind a computer screen, and too much stress can cause puffy eyes. Nobody likes to have puffy eyes and egg whites offer the easiest solution for this! Simply apply a thin layer of whisked egg white under your eyes and allow it to dry for ten minutes. Rinse it off with a cotton ball soaked in warm water and apply coconut oil. Follow this routine every other day to achieve the best results.
4. Treats acne: Acne is a very common and sometimes difficult skin problem that can be prevented with egg white. The protein in the egg whites has the ability to absorb excessive oil from the skin and also has a deep cleansing effect. Take one egg white, whisk it and then add one teaspoon of honey to it. Apply this mixture on the affected skin area, allow it to dry on its own and then rinse off with lukewarm water. Follow this simple treatment once daily until the acne has vanished completely.
5. Treats wrinkles and fine lines: Egg whites are very useful in delaying premature aging caused by fine lines and wrinkles. Simply apply white egg face mask on your face in upward motion. Leave it to dry and rinse off after 15 minutes. Do this twice a week to achieve the best results.
So get into your kitchen and start making magic with egg whites!