As you get older, you realize that the holidays aren’t actually about the gifts, but are about spending time with your loved ones. Life can get pretty hectic, so you might spend months apart from your family and friends. However, around the holidays, everyone finds the time to see each other again and reconnect. It’s a way better gift than anything you could wrap up, which is why these are quotes about Christmas that you should treasure.
1. “Christmas gift suggestions: to your enemy, forgiveness. To an opponent, tolerance. To a friend, your heart. To a customer, service. To all, charity. To every child, a good example. To yourself, respect.” ~ Oren Arnold
2. “This time of year means being kind to everyone we meet, To share a smile with strangers we may pass along the street.” ~ Betty Black
3. “Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love!” ~ Hamilton Wright Mabie
4. “Christmas is not as much about opening our presents as opening our hearts.” ~ Janice Maeditere
5. “Christmas is most truly Christmas when we celebrate it by giving the light of love to those who need it most.” ~ Ruth Carter Stapleton
6. “Christmas is not just a time for festivity and merry making. It is more than that. It is a time for the contemplation of eternal things. The Christmas spirit is a spirit of giving and forgiving.” ~ J. C. Penney
7. “Christmas is forever, not for just one day,
for loving, sharing, giving, are not to put away
like bells and lights and tinsel, in some box upon a shelf.
The good you do for others is good you do yourself.”
~ Norman Wesley Brooks, “Let Every Day Be Christmas”
So tell me, what’s your favourite quote?