Blog Make me fabulous

5 gutsy things you should do!

If you can conquer fear and doubt, you will most likely find yourself on the corridors of opportunity and chance frequently. And only when you walk through those corridors are you able to meet with certain circumstances and people that can influence your life positively. As the year rapidly skips to an end, here are a few bold strategies you should take to achieving those last-minute aspirations.

1. Go straight to that door and knock!

There are too many middle men to getting what we want…uuugh! It is so frustrating! Now is the time to jump that queue! If it is a job you want and you know where the office is, go straight to that door and make that appointment. If you see the Manager or CEO on the corridor, brace up and get his attention – he is not a ball of fire, he won’t burn you! The worst that can possibly happen is he’d listen and then direct you through the ‘right’ procedure, but at least you would have conquered one major vice – fear!

NOTE! To succeed with this approach you need to be very smart, intelligent and well put together, if not you will be snubbed, treated lowly and discarded. So make sure you have the requisite finesse that people are drawn to.

2. Have a sincere conversation with someone!

It could be your mother, your close friend, your boss, your neighbour…tell them exactly how you feel about certain situations. We are always too intimidated to speak up. There are extremes to many people – it’s either they are too frightened to talk or too pompous to shut up! You can’t afford to fall under any of those categories – create a balance. Speak up, but be polite. Let people know exactly how you feel about certain decisions and situations. You’d feel lighter when you are able to courteously express yourself.

NOTE! You must have an unselfish reason to do this. Do not just go on about “me-me-me”. Life is not only about you. If you must call someone for an honest exchange then your heart and mind have to be open to receive and to give.

3. Make the first move!

We stay on the side-line way too many times in life, waiting for the next person to make a move. As 2012 is running out, I dare you to make that move! Whatever it is, if you desire it – make the move. Tell someone how you feel, start a business, speak up for a cause, stand up for something that you truly believe must be addressed.

NOTE! Be prepared for the challenges your move might bring. Do not be found ill-equipped and unqualified. Be well groomed and set!

4. Pause!

Sometimes we need to take a break from all the work and hustle. Pause and reflect. Don’t feel guilty to take the time off from people and stuff. Take a breather, relax, rejuvenate!

NOTE! This, of course, only applies to hard-workers who have a well-defined life and have, to some extent, achieved certain things required of them.

5. Discover new things!

Get out of that box! I know it is comfortable and warm in there but there’s just so much happening out here that you need to discover. Get out of your comfort zone. Go on and uncover your world. Try everything your mind and heart hungers for – every legitimate and virtuous thing. Let your mind soar, let your spirit dance, let your soul explore. LIVE life. Don’t just exist. Put your worries aside – we all have our issues but it is still a beautiful world and there’s just so much waiting for you to experience.

NOTE! Please don’t go overboard. You might need certain skills and knowledge to do certain things. Get that first!

May the rest of 2012 be rewarding for all of us! xoxo

Comments

Facebook comments

You Might Also Like

19 Comments

jennifer egbuonu
    September 5, 2012 at 11:09 am

oh my God…what more can i say to this?…simply inspiring and educative, Permit me to say that “articles i have read on this blog in the past few days are have gone a long way to prepare me for the future,” i wont just exist but i will live life and the sands will feel my foot prints…i truly lov you stephanie, u re fast becoming my mentor…thank u for these inspirational articles.

rachael
    September 5, 2012 at 11:24 am

Thank u steph! Just discovered dis! I want 2 always be here right @ ur page! U are getting me prepared for challenges ahead! U are indeed Godsent and a model. God bless u

Uzoamaka Agbogu
    September 5, 2012 at 11:26 am

Wow! Steph….ur words are really inspiring and mind-blowing. Thanks loads. Am love struck!

emeka
    September 5, 2012 at 11:44 am

i have been inspired by those words i read and am saying a big thank you to stephy for having people like us in mind, i have now come to realize that the future actually belong to those who sees the possibility of being great and working towards it.God bless you.

Tolulope
    September 5, 2012 at 11:56 am

Wow, just the words I needed to hear. Thanks so much for this steph, I am challenged by your words

priscilla
    September 5, 2012 at 12:01 pm

Thank you dear,needed those inspirational words badly…hmmm u just made my day*smiles* thank you onces again!

Chioma
    September 5, 2012 at 12:02 pm

Wow! Just what I need to get me out of my somber mood. I m inspired.Thanks Stephanie.

Amy
    September 5, 2012 at 1:15 pm

I keep procrastinating my visit to this site, i just ignore it everytime, i decided today to drop by and check it out and what i have seen and read so far really marvels me, i am impressed and i’m so proud of you. Your words are very educating and inspiring. God bless you .Much luv 4rm Amy.

Cathy
    September 5, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Not bad, in all be you. thanks

pattyclues
    September 5, 2012 at 5:57 pm

Steph dis ļş so amazing and inspiring. Am gonna work with dis write up. Thanks.

Tari
    September 5, 2012 at 5:58 pm

Wow!! Stephanie, your articles are really inspiring and educative. U made my day. Thank u :).

jennybukande
    September 5, 2012 at 6:11 pm

Ur words are so true,u are what i call beauty with brain.thanks for this with us *hugs*

meee
    September 5, 2012 at 8:13 pm

Steph u jst keep doin it again and again.dat ur words speak to me is an understatement,your better than a horoscope reading.lol.wish u could reply me someday.you did say we should go for what we want,I want to meet you,sit and talk with you about life,love,business,everything.don’t shun me oh.lol.never stop inspiring us ur readers.love u.

Jenny baby
    September 5, 2012 at 8:51 pm

Thank you steph I mean this is just what I need to boost my new life and create a better future for myself..WOW you are something else I mean u culdnt hv said it any better..such inspirational words…Luv u steph

Cinta
    September 6, 2012 at 11:56 am

This blog is so inspiring, I have had some food for my soul today, God bless you Stephanie.

emmyroy
    September 6, 2012 at 6:27 pm

well, to me bot a uniq. But its all dpnd on u to go for wot u wnt in life. But be careful hu is truly ur wife nd dnt beclouded wit standads nd throw ursef into eternal trouble. Gd lok bro..

Uju
    September 6, 2012 at 6:37 pm

I think you just gave me an idea of where I would like to serve it will be stepping out of my comfort zone but I’ll be going with my God’s grace and my wits.

ormainy
    September 7, 2012 at 9:48 am

You are truly Amazing. I love this!

jennietobbie
    September 18, 2012 at 4:07 pm

OMG!!!Where have I been? I cannot believe I’ve missed all these blessings and positive energy!! WOW